GypWall FireStop Systems are non load bearing high performance fire resistance systems providing a fire rating up to 120 minutes.
Used in retail environments, storage areas and residential applications.
- Minimal wall thickness with optimal fire resistance
- Tested in accordance with SANS 10177:2
- Accommodates service within the drywall cavity
- Lightweight alternative to traditional construction
- Donn UltraSTEEL™ framework will not twist or warp
- Less material wastage, cleaner site conditions
- Environmentally friendly products
Apply SoundSeal as a continuous application to the perimeter of the framework.
Determine and mark wall position and make allowance for openings. Fix Donn UltraSTEEL Track at 600mm centres using suitable fixings.
Measure the wall height and cut stud to size. Install the stud into UltraSTEEL Track.
Twist Donn UltraSTEEL Stud into place.
Ensure the stud is plumb and mark stud position.
Fix the UltraSTEEL Stud to the abutting wall at 600mm centres using suitable fixings.
Insert top UltraSTEEL Track into position.
Fasten the top UltraSTEEL Track at 600mm centres.
Insert UltraSTEEL Studs at 600mm centres to a friction fit within the channel sections – this allows for adjustment during boarding. Position the UltraSTEEL Studs so all face the same way.
Install Gyproc FireStop 15mm onto the framework using Gyproc RhinoBoard Sharp Point Screws 25x25mm.
After the boarding is complete, apply Gyproc RhinoTape to all joints.
Apply Gyproc RhinoGlide to the joints using a 150mm taping knife.
Fill all screw heads and apply a second layer of RhinoGlide using 300mm steel trowel.